32!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011
I can't believe what a slacker I've been on my baby blog. I hope Britton will forgive me! I have a lot to update on!

I am now in week 32. I can't believe that in around 8 weeks I will be having her in my arms! It is so surreal. I am so excited about experiencing it with Josh, along with just meeting this squirmy little girl.

I met with the nutritionist a few weeks ago. He was a hilarious guy and I learned a lot from him. He asked what my daily eating habits were like, and then from there he suggested different things to add more calories to my "diet." I learned I needed to eat more fruit, one more serving of veggies a day...that sort of thing. But we constructed a "daily meal plan" that makes it so easy to achieve. I find that when I have something written out...its a lot easier to do. In the morning, I usually just have a bowl of cereal. Now, I've been adding 2 eggs and yogurt to it, and its been working! He wanted me to gain 2 pounds every week from now on. At my last appointment, which was just a week later, I had gained 3 pounds! So, lets hope all my eating pays off!

My doctor is currently at Fort Bragg delivering babies, so in the meantime I am being seen by another doctor. I went to see him two weeks ago and he reviewed my thyroid results. They were pretty weird. Apparently, if anything, it looks like I would have HYPO thyroidism, not HYPER. Which would make no sense. Hyperthyroidism basically means your thyroid works overtime, so its hard to gain weight. Hypo means that your thyroid doesn't work as much, so its hard to lose weight. So, I'm being sent to another doctor for more reviews of that. I'm also being sent to get a growth ultrasound done, since Britton is measuring small. I'm not worried about that though...she barely has room to grow since I'm so tiny.

All in all, I'm still feeling pretty good. My feet tend to swell if I'm on them too much, and acid reflux is my worst nightmare at the moment. However, when I sit down and feel those kicks and jabs...it makes all the discomfort vanish for the moment. Josh was so cute the other night. He was whispering to my tummy "Kick mommy"...and then Britton would start squirming around. She seems to really respond to him! I'm thinking she might become a daddy's girl. Not that I could blame her...he's a good guy to have wrapped around your finger!

I will be sure to write more next week...and also update with a picture!

0 comments:

Post a Comment