38 weeks!

Monday, July 4, 2011
Well, the last week has been very eventful...and then very uneventful!

I met with Dr. Parker last Tuesday to discuss flipping Britton. She informed me that they wouldn't induce that weekend, but that she could go ahead and try to flip Britton out of the breech position. So she made some calls and scheduled me to go to the hospital the very next morning to do the procedure. The other doctors had told me she would induce right afterwards...but she said she didn't need to. 

So Wednesday morning I went to the hospital. Once in the room, they gave me a shot to relax my muscles and then they put mineral oil on my stomach. Then, from the outside of my stomach, the doctor started to turn the baby from breech to head down. Talk about pain....OW! 

She literally had to lift Britton's bottom out of my pelvis, then twist her body around. Man, did it take my breath away. It was hard to breathe since she was on all of my organs at one point, ha. But...in the end it was worth it because it really only took about a minute and they were able to get her into the head down position! At one point though, she had gotten Britton halfway turned and lost her grip...so Britton went right back to the breech position. Luckily, the second time worked like a charm! 

They monitered me for a bit to make sure everything was okay, and then the doctor checked me. I was at 1cm, ,but still not effaced. 

So Thursday afternoon, I went and met with my regular doctor, Dr. Barrett. I was really hoping for any help with getting Britton to come this weekend, since Josh would have been able to be there the whole entire time. I got my membranes stripped and when checked again, I was now at 2cm. I left that appointment hopeful that Britton would be here soon!

So...here I sit, on July 4th...still pregnant. This little girl is just snug. But...if she's not ready then I definitely don't want to force her. I had just hoped she would have been ready by now! 

She can come anytime now and I have contraction on and off...but it seems like the moment I get excited and start timing them...they go away. I'm telling you...this girl is just like her father!

Here I am at 38 weeks...anxious and ready to meet our little girl. Come on Britton!

0 comments:

Post a Comment