First appointment

Friday, December 10, 2010
I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday! Josh was able to get out of work (or actually PT) and got with me. I really want him to be able to go to all of the important appointments. Not every single one of course...but the "big ones."

We met with the doctor who is going to be delivering the little one. Our appointment was in the afternoon, so she had us wait a little longer, that way we were her last appointment of the day. She wanted us to be last so that we would have as much time as needed to ask however many questions we wanted to. She was amazing and I really look forward to her seeing us through this pregnancy. I have to admit, I was really worried about delivering a "military" baby. But she completely put my mind at ease. She even gave me her pager number and personal cell phone number! I've never had a doctor do that before. She insisted that I call her for anything...I was just really amazed how caring she was.

I was hoping to get an ultrasound...but we're going to do that in two weeks. She said that there was a 50/50 chance of hearing the heartbeat as well. So we didn't do that because she said "If we don't hear the heartbeat, its just too early. But I don't want you to be worrying for the next few weeks!" Which I understood. I just thought they would do an ultrasound, and I had really wanted Josh to be able to see him/her! But, hopefully he can go to the next appointment to see!

Being that this is my second baby, she said I would grow quicker and feel everything faster. Its amazing what the woman's body does! She said that my body is recognizing these pregnancy symptons, and so it "jumps" back into pregnancy mode so much quicker then it did with the first pregnancy. Which must be why I ALREADY have a baby bump at 8 weeks!

She also mentioned that if the delivery is going along fine, that she's been known to let some dad's "deliver" the baby at the end. As in, once the baby is on its way out...the dad gets to get him/her out...and be the first one to hold it! Josh is very intrigued by it....but I think he'll have to decide when actually in the "moment." So far...he wants to stay by my head, lol!

And of course...whats a baby post without the first baby bump picture??


                  Here I am at 8 weeks!


When I asked Josh to take this picture, he insisted that he has a growing baby belly too. Basically...he would not move until I took a picture of his stomach too! Such a dork...but its why I love him! So...here is Josh's baby belly...haha! I think he was poking out a little!

0 comments:

Post a Comment