Anatomy update

Wednesday, March 16, 2011
The first part of this week was full of appointments to check on Britton and her anatomy.

On Monday I went in for my 20 week ultrasound, even though I am 22 weeks. This would have been when we would have found that we're having a girl. I'm SO glad we found out earlier...I don't see how I could have gone all this time not knowing!

When I had called to make the appointment, they scheduled me in at 4:00pm. They told me to start drinking water at 3:00pm and to drink 32 ounces between then and 3:30pm. I was SCARED! Little miss Britton makes a BIG impact on my bladder, seeing as she lays SO low! I am a frequent bathroom guest so I didn't know how I would make it so long.

I managed somehow though and even though I, of course, had to use  the restroom before I even got to the ultrasound table I just did my best to ignore it.

I got captured by the images of Britton. Every little part of her was so mobile! I can feel her kick and jab me constantly...but its always neat to see it face to face. Eventually though, I really started to hurt! I had sharp pains going from my back to my stomach. I had to ask the tech if we could take a quick break. She asked me how much water I had drank and when I told her she said "Well..why would they tell you to drink so much! You only needed to drink 20oz! Run to the bathroom!" Geeeeeezzz....thanks!!!

Once I was better I hopped back on the table to finish, feeling MUCH better.

On Tuesday, I went to my actual doctor's appointment, where she confirmed that Britton looks perfectly healthy! This was such a big relief! Not that I thought anything was wrong...but its always great to get confirmation that your baby is growing healthy and strong! Oh, and beautiful...as seen in this picture;)


I can't wait to meet her, although she has much more baking to do!

1 comments:

  1. Carrie said...

    Tricky post title! ha ha! I thought you were sharing news about something changing with her anatomy, ha ha, like she is a boy now.
    That's a big fear of mine! Eeeek! GREAT profile shot!

    March 21, 2011 at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment