Halfway Mark!!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Woohoo!!! We've made it to the halfway mark!

I say "we" because I'm definitely not the only one going through this pregnancy. I told Josh we were halfway there, and we had to high five each other...hey, its a team here!

Here is my 20 week picture!

Its definitely starting to pop out now.

This is probably the best I've felt throughout this whole pregnancy. I have more energy, and don't need to sleep all day now!

One of my best friends Michelle came into town last week to help with our nursery. Josh had put his foot down and said he wanted the baby's room to be in the garnet and gold colors. While they are pretty colors...and my husband DOES have decorating skills...he wanted the room to be Florida State Seminoles colors. We compromised and I agreed to the colors, as long as they weren't decked out in FSU gear. Some women might fight to make the nursery look girly...but I love that he wants to be involved, so I'm happy to give in (only every now and then of course;)

Which is why I needed Michelle's help. I call Michelle...well, she's just my decorator of everything. She's done my hair, make-up, and dressed me up on numerous occasions. She can decorate anything. There is nothing that girl touches that doesn't turn out pretty. I wish I had that talent! But since I don't...I always call on Michelle, and she was happy to help. We all took a trip to Hobby Lobby where her and Josh went over colors and patterns. Me? I watched the kids, since I have NO clue what I'm doing with any of that. Then we came home and they worked on it for the next 3 days!
Here is the outcome:


Here are the curtains...
           

We replaced the original knobs with these. Little crowns with some garnet in them! Perfect for a princess!

And the bedding!


Many comments were  made by Michelle about Josh and his "sewing" skills. He is really good at it! She thought it was so sweet how he sat there for days doing most of the sewing. I have to thank his mother for that. Don't let it fool you though. He did decorate and sew, and then the next night was getting filthy while fixing my van that had a minor breakdown. I love having a husband who is good at so many things!

Britton has become very active, especially in the last few days. I can feel her move all the time now. Josh got to feel it, but I haven't gotten to catch her while Anistyn is around. Hopefully that will happen soon!

5 comments:

  1. Elizabeth said...

    Gorgeous! Both you and the bedding!

    March 1, 2011 at 7:43 AM  

  2. Carrie said...

    Congrats on hitting the halfway point! The nursery is very sweet and elegant!

    March 1, 2011 at 5:18 PM  

  3. Andysbethy said...

    Looks awesome! And yes, we must give the MIL praise, because she really did raise some boys who are comfortable doing just about anything that needs done. Josh and Michelle did a great job. Those dresser pulls are a perfect final touch!

    March 6, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

  4. Anonymous said...

    Hooray for the baby bump! Your bump is muchcuter then mine, I just look pudgy :-/

    March 7, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

  5. Bags4Bubbles said...

    Love the little knobs! So cute!

    ~ Di

    March 10, 2011 at 5:12 AM  

Post a Comment