12 weeks...

Monday, January 3, 2011
I am 12 weeks today and so glad to say I'm feeling a lot better! I'm still being quite the picky eater, but at least I'm not heading to the bathroom 5 times a day.

The one thing that Josh and I laugh at is when I run down the stairs with no bra on. Oh man, the achy boobs! I can't let them jump around when I go down the stairs, so we both get a good laugh out of me having to hold the in place so they're not bobbing everywhere and causing pain!

I am getting really frustrated the hospital where I go for my appointments. Since we have tricare and go on base to see the doctor, they don't give ultrasounds in the clinic. Instead, the doctor has to send radiology a referral allowing me to schedule an ultrasound with them. No biggie, right?

I really like my doctor, and she sent in a referral for me to have my ultrasound done. This was done at the beginning of December. Its now January...and I have YET to get my ultrasound.

When I called radiology, they told me they had no referral sent in from the doctor...so I had to track my doctor down to let her know. She had no problem helping, even though she had said she had sent in the referral. So she let me know later on that she had sent in the referral again...and to call radiology.

Only...I call them again, and yet again...they tell me they don't have a referral for me. I am so frustrated.

I'm 12 weeks now, and the only way I saw the baby was because of my ER visit. Thank goodness this isn't my first go around being pregnant, otherwise I might be really paranoid now!

So, I'm waiting on the doctor again to get hold of me so hopefully we can get this sorted out. I don't know if anyone is to blame...but I just want to see my baby!

2 comments:

  1. Andysbethy said...

    Welcome to the wonderful world of Tricare. Just keep fussing at them. They mean well, they do. But paperwork just gets lost, over and over again it seems... At least everything is covered, if you can ever get seen!!

    January 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

  2. Carrie said...

    lucky that you even get one! I didn't get to see my baby from the first appt (7 weeks) until the "big" one (20 weeks!) I was so ready to see the baby. I got a home fetal doppler though, so I was able to find and listen to the heartbeat if I got really paranoid. I got mine off amazon for $30.

    January 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment